Teresa Palomo, 1987
After her formation as a photographer, Teresa begins to retract the consequences of the economic crisis that Spain is suffering and the mass demonstrations that occurred in 2013. After, in 2014, she travels to the southern border, Melilla, when she start her project about migration and the consequences of latest current migration policies, four years after she continues with the project.
- Diploma in the school of arts and shows TAI, Madrid.
- Photojournalism course at the BlankPaper school
- Master of personal project development at the school BlankPaper, Madrid. (Scholarship)
- Postgraduate in photojournalism at the UAB, Barcelona. (Scholarship)
Her work has been published in the newspapers: El Mundo, El Salto, El País, VICE Spain, VICE London, 20 minutes, El Diario, La Directa, Periodismo Humano and other TV channels. Collaborator of the photography agency Nur.
Voluntarily collaborates with organizations defending Human Rights as, Andalucía Acoge, SOS Racismo, CIEsNO, UNHCR and PRODEIN, providing audiovisual resources to support social complains.
Based in Madrid.
Member of Photographic Social Vision.
- 2018 - Anti-racist days of SOS Racism in the category "best story" with my work, "Waiting for the strawberry", winner.
- 2018 - Photo contest Signo Editores in the "history" category with my work on the Jornaleros, finalist.
Conferences and Collaborations:
- 2014 - Guest speaker at the 18th International Meeting of Photojournalists in the Black Week of Gijón.
- 2015- Speaker at the journalism without words: "Post-photo and other changes of the digital image at the Carlos III University, Madrid.
- 2016 - Audiovisual collaborator in the IRIDIA Report on the southern border, Barcelona.
- 2016 - Audiovisual collaborator in the film Fragil Equilibrio, by Guillermo García, Melilla.
- 2018 - Invited as a testimony by the Permanent Tribunal of the Peoples in the axis of gender and diversity, Barcelona.